Honey-Do Ya Love Me?
A recent girlfriend and I often joked that she was only seeing
me because of my prowess as a handyman/fix-it guy.
It turns out this was not the case as when we mutually decided to break up there
were still many, many items on her Honey-Do list. Here's most
of the Honey-Dos I accomplished on her list in the five months we saw each other,
in no particular order:
What do you need done around your house????
- Cleaned the carpet in a playroom.
- Hung and balanced a ceiling fan.
- Replaced approximately 19 electrical outlets, seven switches and two phone jacks.
- Replaced the finger-pulls on a crawlspace cover.
- Laid 135 cubic feet of top soil followed by 900 square feet of sod.
- Fixed a broken window valance, glued rods into window blinds.
- Fixed two broken kitchen stools.
- Glued broken window lattice then attached to doors so it was secure yet removable for cleaning the glass.
- Moved a swing set.
- Re-attached a loose ice maker.
- Attached a valve cover door that kept falling off and hitting anyone who sat on the toilet.
- Re-did connections to TV/VCR/DVD for proper operation.
- Installed speaker switching box to control three set of speakers from one stereo.
- Removed four (small) trees and six bushes (most with thorns!), trimmed larger trees.
- Changed a few light bulbs that were out of reach.
- Tore down a dilapidated 42-foot wooden fence and replaced with new vinyl fencing.
- Tightened: dining room table legs, towel racks, swing set, hose connection.
- Reassembled a broken crib.
- Downloaded songs to electronic plush toy e-Specially My Barney (by Hasbro)
- Raised a few sprinkler heads (and eyebrows).
- Hung a phone on the wall to get it off the cupboard.
- Repaired a broken garden gate.
- Started up an evaporative cooler, shut down a furnace, covered some solar panels.
- Repaired a broken folding camp chair.
- Retrofitted an aquarium for use by an aquatic baby turtle. Kid-proofed the lid, attached cute picture background.
- Assembled an oscillating fan.
- Trimmed a Little Tykes wagon trailer for easier attachment/removal.
- Suggested and assisted in making her kids hand prints in plaster as a Father's Day gift for their dad.
- Unboxed and assembled a lawnmower.
- Removed un-needed software, defragmented a computer's drive.
- Showed her how to:
- Operate a lawn spreader, lawn roller, weed-eater, and lawn mower.
- Inflate balls with a compressor.
- Sign up on eBay as a buyer and seller.
- Strip paint off of a shed.
- Lower her property taxes.